School has started for Scott once again so Toph and I have had some free time on our hands. We've decided to develop some of our talents :). I discovered Topher's innate desire to cook the other day when I opened the fridge and yours truly came running. The next thing I knew, he was holding a spatula and gathering ingredients into a pile. Everything eventually ended up on the floor, but I thought it would be cool (and really nice for me) if Toph likes to cook someday like his Daddy does :)



I, on the other hand, being a less than notable cook have turned my attention to knitting. Scott's mom has been teaching me to knit and I've discovered that I really enjoy it! A couple of weeks ago I finished my first project, a baby blanket for a friend. I was so proud of myself, and since this is my blog and I can write whatever I want, I think the blanket turned out wonderfully!



Toph and I will be quite a team once we've mastered our new skills :).
6 comments:
You make it sound like daddy never drops food on the floor.
Just trying to be nice :). Don't worry, I know where Toph gets it from :)
Very pretty blanket! I can crochet but have never learned to knit, it seems hard. That seemed like quite the group of ingredients, butter and lettuce? Bring it on tiny chef
What a beautiful blanket! Megs you did such a great job I am so amazed! Sure wish I had any of your guys' sweet talents!
The blanket is beautiful! You are doing great on learning the knitting. Too bad you didn't keep up on it when you were younger. But it is still way gorgeous!!! Topher you are as handsome as ever!!!!!!!!!
I also like to knit but I've only ever made hats and dish cloths. Blankets intimidate me a little.
Post a Comment