Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunrise...Sunset

Thursday night, all three of us were surprised when Topher decided he was ready to roll over. Fortunately, he gave an encore after the initial shock subsided:



Since then, however, he has refused to do it again. I suppose its like art where the first attempt always goes better than subsequent attempts (Except for the second time, which sometimes goes pretty good too, in this case). Speaking of art (rocked that segue!), I carved this over the break.


Before this, I had only ever carved faces. Now I carved figures with no faces at all. Kind of makes you think....

3 comments:

momof11 said...

Hey, I beat Kari! What a big boy!! He sure is growing up. Oh, by the way, Scott, those nativity pieces are very nice!

Shellianne said...

Your carving skills rock. I think that's cool.

Kari said...

Wow, I was mentioned in your comments! That makes me feel pretty special. I love baby milestones. That's a pretty cool nativity. I've never seen a nativity in a store that I would be tempted to buy. My dad made one for my grandparents several years ago that was just really simple pieces he cut out on a ban saw, and I've always loved that one. I would buy yours if I saw it in a store.