Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Question for you:

I don't know if Megan mentioned it or not, but when we arrived home from our trip to Utah, we noticed that we had had a visitor while we were gone. I don't know if this has ever happened to you or not, but I can assure you that the worst way to find out that someone has been in your house is to find their corpse.

Anyway, it was just another mouse that had perished in our mouse cube. When I went to Wal-Mart to buy a new trap (The old one was gross so I just threw it out) I decided that we should probably kill the mice now, as trying to be their friends wasn't working (it's kind of like parenting).

So, I was faced with the question: How would I want to go? My options were a blunt force to the head (which doesn't necessarily kill you immediately. It may leave you crippled and stuck to a slab of wood) or by starvation in a big sticky mess (like the worst episode of Double Dare ever). When I took into account that someone (me) would have to dispose of the body, I ultimately decided to go with the latter, and now I write this as I listen to something stuck and moving around underneath my sink.

Anyway, I added a poll to the side of the blog to get people's thoughts on the matter. And for inspiration, here is a sweet picture of a mouse that I was walking out to the dumpster during the first wave.


And here is a picture of Topher, for the squimish.

Gooooooooooo Huskies!

1 comment:

Kari said...

My parents used to have the sticky traps. We mostly got very large spiders on them. The one time we did get a mouse it was pretty traumatising to see the little guy trying to get off and my dad had to take it outside and kill it. So just keep that in mind. Isn't there someway that we can all just live together in peace?