Monday, June 1, 2009

Hello Mudda

You should be able to gather from the lack of updates for the past little while that our life has been somewhat devoid of adventures. Well, with my mom visiting for the past week, we decided to make up for lost time.

First up, we went to a memorial day picnic. Nothing too exciting here, but Topher was sportting a wicked awesome hairdo.

No, we haven't become trendy parents (perish the thought!). This was our attempt to keep his little head from burning.

Megan was still worried, so we borrowed a hat because we couldn't find our own.

Topher was still worried so he made every effort to rip it off.

We then made a trip back to Gillette castle, because we understood that it would be open this time around.

I look like I need the bathroom in this photo. It's not true.

Topher seemed to enjoy himself, but got a little hosed when they wouldn't let him touch the wooden light switches.

We took the opportunity to go out to eat a few times, but learned that our daily lessons in strict manners have been largely for naught.

Toph spent most of our meals staring at people. It was both hilarious and embarrassing, or what I call "parenting."

Later in the week, we also took in a baseball game with some friends from our church.

Mom surprised us all by actually enjoying the game.

Topher took to staring at people again (Only to be answered with "He's so cute!" ad nauseum).

He took a moment to pose for a picture, but said that a smile would cost an order of Nachos.

Here is my action shot.

If you look close, you can see a white streak from the left and moving up. It was caught.

The game went great. The only bad part was that the fireworks afterwards (It was Firework Friday) apparently ushered in Armageddon.

Not pictured: Sporadic explosions and a changing sky color.

Our last trip for the week was down to the Mystic Seaport. For the uninitiated, Mystic refers to the name of the town, not the town's gypsy curse.

Some random lady made us take this photo. I like it, but the circumstances were a little bizarre.

When I helped remove the gypsy curse, the townspeople (sans the disgruntled ointment purveyors) decided to name a wharf after me.

Don't tell the Mystics, but I'm not 100% sure what a wharf is. But I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Megan was in history heaven, but Topher and I were a little disappointed to find that Mystic had exactly zero pirate history.

Fortunately, the gift shop apparently missed that memo.

We finished off with a quick trip to a favorite spot at the borough of Stonington.

Thanks for coming out, mom!

That's it for now. We're trying to make it a point to update more often, and something tells me that with the recent upswing in the number of spiders around (oh yeah, and Topher is cruising on furniture), we should have plenty to talk about.

2 comments:

Kari said...

I think you perfectly described parenting, hilarious and embarrassing, usually at the same time.

Jenny said...

He seriously is so cute. Very photogenic. And Scott you are incredibly witty. I love reading your posts, they always make me laugh.