So, our church had a Christmas party today and we were asked to play Mary and Joseph for the brief program they put on during it. Having a baby makes you a prime target for these things.
We spent the day trying to figure out how to dress up. We didn't want to just wrap sheets around us, so we pulled out Megan's fabric collection and got a little more elaborate.
Below you will find our three finalists for my Joseph outfit. We'd like to take a poll of your favorite, so leave us a comment saying which one you like best. We'd let you all pick which one I would wear, but the party is already over. We'll let you know our pick later. Without further ado:
Option #1: Karate Fighting Buddhist Monk

It also looks something like an Elvis stance. This was probably the most elaborate set up we had, using two large pieces of cloth and a whole mess of safety pins.
Option #2: Pirate

Megan didn't think it was right for me to go without a head covering. I think a head covering makes me look too much like a pirate (Not that there is anything wrong with pirates, per se. I just don't think Joseph would approve). As soon as they asked if we would play the parts, I tried to convince Megan to let me grow a beard. She didn't take the bait.
Option #3: Mephistopheles

I'm not saying we picked this outfit, I'm just saying this picture is wicked sweet.
Because I know the real reason people visit the blog, here's a picture of our little Baby Jesus. He wouldn't stand for being put in the manger, however.

3 comments:
Cute Baby Jesus! I love all the outfits for Scott....my favorite is the 3rd one but I think you chose the 2nd one for the party....8 days!
My favorite is #1. I believe Joseph would have needed to be on his toes, he wouldn't have wanted crazy goats going after Jesus ya know.
I vote #1. I believe it is a very understated yet manly dress and does not make your thighs look fat.....I mean.....it's cute.
Post a Comment